maandag 25 november 2013

Prints by Kristina Krogh

Just a couple of days ago I discovered the work of Danish graphic designer and artist Kristina Krogh. Her work is beautifully dominated by surfaces, geometrics and contrasts that inspire her. I love the way she uses color and mixes different natural textures. The prints are very relaxing to look at, peaceful. She offers them in Limited editions.


About her work she says:


In my work I'm fascinated by different materials and their
surfaces which can either be cold, warm, soft, hard, heavy
or light. I think the strong mix of these exclusive and cheap
textual materials such as marble, ply, wood, cork and paper
is an interesting an unexpected combination that I love.

My inspiration comes from the things and objects that surrounds me;
a beautiful old parquet, a perfect color combination on a building,
a stone floor in a church, a bike ride through Copenhagen - among
many other things. 

I love the way she explains how she gets inspired. 

Her shop is really worthwhile checking out.  New in her collection are the Black and the Brown Calendar 2014. I absolutely love these Calendars! 













Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen